Friday, March 14, 2014

My first article, Andy Van Slyke, beer review and some music for and/or to the ears

First off, wow, what a week. Work has been crazy, family life has been crazy and my mailbox has been blowing up!

My first article is up thanks to Alex ( Chavez Ravining ) for the opportunity! You can read it here! http://bit.ly/1cZiwlX

Here is the card of the day! It is a '95 Topps "Finest" Andy Van Slyke. Picked this guy up for my AVS collection for less than a dollar. Don't know what the "TOPPS *SOMETHING* PROTECTOR PEEL AND REMOVE COATING" is all about. Weird.



Second, it is that time of year again, thank the Lord! Lagunitas has released their "Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale" seasonal and I couldn't be happier! One of my favorite limited yearly releases and it is a BEAST of a strong ale. Weighing in at an O.G (original gravity) of 1.085, 66.6 (creepy) I.B.U. (International Bittering Units) and a whopping 9.7 A.B.V. (Alcohol By Volume). This dude packs a punch to the face and all I am left saying is; "Please sir, may I have another...And another?" Here is my Beer Advocate review, as follows;

"A 4.53 out of 5

Tasted May 13th 2011 (from notes)

A - redish/copper transparent, one finger off white head and some lacing

S - sweet yeast, fruity, bright malt, alcohol, sweet hops, slight bitterness and a slight grass, weed and citrus

T - alcohol, hoppy, sweet yeast, citrus, floral, sweet malt and a caramel or molasses

M - chewy, huge profile, medium low acidity and a long finish

D - goes down like water even at almost 10%. big sweet and medium bitter. Well balanced

Final thought - got to get a sixer or four every year this seasonal comes out"







Above is the six pack case for the ale. One of my top 100 for sure. Well, that is about it. See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment